Mobile technology has advanced at a rapid pace in recent years, making it easier to communicate, get around using different transportation and even transact.
As smartphone technology continues to expand and improve daily, more people now have access to a wide array of applications.
More people are also using banking applications instead of the traditional route of visiting a bank branch to transfer funds or make payments to creditors.
In South Africa, the banking industry is efficient and on par with international banking standards in most cases- if not better. One way in which the industry continues to thrive is through technological innovations brought about.
Mobile is a core requirement for technology savvy consumers. Time is something that many people are looking to save as well- which is made easier by the use of banking apps.
Banks are being forced to find new and innovative ways to deliver products and services via smart devices.
Important features of banking apps:
Ease of use- these apps should have a simple interface which is easy to navigate.
Access features on the move and from any location.
Mobile banking arms consumers with immediate access to the financial data that matters most to them.
Using banking apps can also provide an enhanced level of security.
Tell me about the Standard Bank App?
Getting started with the Standard Bank app:
- Download on the App Store or visit the PlayStore
- Create a profile with your unique username and password. Make sure you create a strong password to avoid being hacked and being a target of scammers.
- Link your Standard bank card to your new profile
- Standard Bank makes use of a unique One Time PIN (OTP) for each transaction.
How to buy airtime, data and electricity with the Standard Bank App:
- Select the Menu icon on the top right
- Select “buy”
- Select “prepaid airtime”
- Choose the network service provider you want to use
You can choose to buy airtime, data and electricity with the Standard Bank App now, in the future, or to setup recurring purchases. You can buy for yourself or for someone else.