The digital transformation of the banking industry has largely enabled simpler banking solutions for customers. An innovation introduced is the option for contactless payments. These cards are enabled to securely tap at selected merchants to pay for purchases, without the cards ever leaving the shopper’s hands.
These payments are the next move in the digital era, designed to make payments more efficient and safe.
South African Banks are leading the charge in offering its clients simple and efficient solutions through contactless payments.
As a subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group, Absa is a Johannesburg Securities Exchange-listed banking institution with an extensive history in the South African financial market. With operations in South Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia, Nigeria and Botswana, the bank is a specialist in wealth management. Various services are offered, such as retail and business banking, along with corporate and investment banking.
Absa Bank has a long history in the South African financial market.
The bank also offers its clients a simple transaction option in the form of the Absa Credit Card Contactless Payments.
Tell me more about Absa Credit Card Contactless Payments?
The service is convenient for payments under R200 and is easy for making payments on-the-go. As an Absa Rewards member you’ll earn cash back on all transactions.
- To use the service your first transaction needs to be a standard point of sale or ATM transaction.
- Let the cashier know that you want to pay with your contactless card.
- A visual on the screen will indicate whether the transaction has been approved or not.
- For security purposes, your card will randomly ask you to tap and enter your PIN.
- The transaction comes straight off your credit card limit.
- The card must be held within four centimetres or closer of the contactless terminal.
- For your safety, only one transaction can be performed at a time.
Keep in mind that it’s important to keep your card safe, because anyone in possession of it can perform transactions where the PIN or any other authorisation is not required.
The card is covered by Lost Card protection.
To contact Absa, call: 0861 46 22 73 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org