As a student, having access to cash is quite important. It’s right up there with owning the latest smart device and the coolest pair of sneakers. For some students, their parents are willing to give them a monthly allowance. For others, it means that they need to find a job.
Once they have the job, students need to find the best bank account for their needs.
The Absa Student Account offers ideal solutions for students looking to save on bank charges, benefit from free data and get a simple way to manage their money.
Why apply for an Absa Student Account?
- This account comes with a low monthly fee of R21, which covers all you r banking needs.
- You have the benefit of free data monthly. The Absa Student Account comes with 75MB of free data a month.
- Absa Student Account holders also get a discount meal voucher every month. You get R20 off Hungry Lion or McDonalds meals or you could get a R25 Vida e Caffe discount voucher.
- You also get free movie tickets every month, from either Nu Metro or Ster-Kinekor.
- Banking fees are significantly reduced.
- You get unlimited electronic transactions.
- You can manage your money 24/7 using the internet, your cell phone or with telephone banking.
- You get unlimited free Absa ATM balance enquiries.
- You get unlimited free Absa ATM cash withdrawals
What do you need to qualify?
• Be aged between 18 and 27 years old
• Provide a valid South African ID or a valid passport
• Provide proof of residence
• Provide proof of registration at a tertiary institution
• Be a full-time student studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate degree; or a qualification of one year or more.
Your account number stays the same even if you upgrade your account or transfer to another branch.
Your money goes further while you study.