Since it was established in 2001, Capitec Bank has become one of the fastest-growing banking institutions in South Africa. With over 7 million customers, the bank is establishing a brand that is increasingly becoming well-known for affordable rates and convenient service.
In addition to transactional services, the bank now offers a credit card.
Why choose the Capitec new Credit Card?
- You get access to personalised credit based on your profile and affordability.
- You have the benefit of up to 55 days’ interest –free credit.
- Online shopping is much easier. You can make secure online purchases with MasterCard SecureCode.
- You have access to a cashless payments facility.
- There are no currency conversion fees for international payments.
- Credit Life Insurance is offered.
- You can use the Capitec banking app to manage your card.
- The Capitec new Credit Card comes with a straight and budget facility. The former option gives you access to interest-free credit for up to 55 days. You are liable for a minimum monthly payment of 5% on the outstanding balance. The budget facility gives you up to 48 months to pay for purchases, which can be particularly useful when you make larger purchases.
- One of the benefits offered by owning a credit card is the lost card protection. The Capitec new Credit Card also offers this service, which ensures that you aren’t held liable for any purchases made using your card if it’s lost or stolen.
- Travel insurance is also included.
- Applying for the credit card is simple and affordable. You pay a once-off initiation fee of R100 as well as a R50 monthly fee.
What you need to apply:
- Original ID
- Be at least 18 years old or older
- Provide your original proof of residential address
- Provide your latest salary slip
- Have a stamped bank statement showing your latest 3 salary deposits
- Earn a minimum monthly salary of R3000