The Absa Student Credit Card is designed to open doors to financial freedom. The card is ideal if you have an allowance of at least R800 a month.
Subject to an affordability assessment, the Absa Student Credit Card is available to full-time registered students at any University, University of technology, TVET College or private tertiary institution.
What are the benefits offered by an Absa Student Credit Card?
- No monthly service fee
- It’s a good way to help you build a credit history. As long as you don’t excess your credit limit and you pay your balance off diligently at the end of every month, you’re likely to establish a good credit record
- The card is accepted worldwide
- Offers up to 57 days of interest-free credit
- Automatic basic travel insurance
- Free Lost Card Protection
- Free monthly eStatements
- You can use the card for secure online shopping
- You have access to cash in cases of emergencies
What are the qualifying criteria?
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years
- Be a registered full-time student at an FET college, SAQA-approved institution, University, University of technology or private institution.
- Have a monthly income or allowance of R800
- Valid South African ID
- Provide proof of residence
- Provide latest 3 months’ bank statements
One of the reasons for Absa offering this credit facility, is that it can help if you are keen to start building up a good credit history. Although it is a risky offering, the bank lends prudently in line with National Credit Act regulations and relating to individual affordability
Tips for students when looking for a student credit card:
- Don’t rush into any agreements
- Avoid taking more credit than you can handle
- Conduct your accounts well
- Check your credit profile regularly
To apply for an Absa Student Credit Card, call: 0861 114 411
Alternatively, send an email to: email@example.com