Rand Merchant Bank (RMB) is a leading African corporate and investment bank and part of one of the largest financial services groups in Africa. With a footprint in more than 35 African countries, RMB has a focus on wealth and legacy management.
Founded by Paul Harris, Laurie Dippenaar and GT Ferreira in 1977, RMB has operations in countries such as Angola, Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, China, India, Australia and also in North America.
The wealthy portion of the population is offered specialised services in the form of private banking by many banks. This specialised service is driven by a mandate to provide clients with fast, efficient service.
RMB offers such services:
What are some of the benefits of joining RMB?
- You get access to a dedicated Private Banker
- There is access to the RMB Private Bank Cheque Account for your spouse or Life Partner
- You get enhanced in-store security, with Visa Chip and PIN technology
- There is no monthly account fee when you maintain a credit balance of at least R100 000 in your cheque account throughout the month.
- RMB offers quality transactional banking services for clients who earn R1.5 million per annum.
As an RMB client, you are likely to be considered a lower lending risk, as you are less likely to default on payments. This puts you in a good position to get access to a loan.
How much do you need to earn to join RMB?
You need to have a minimum monthly deposit of R44 500 into an RMB Private Bank Cheque account or RMB Private Bank Single Facility.
You could also have a R32 500 monthly deposit into an RMB Private Bank Professionals Account or Single Facility.